Sunday, June 6, 2010

YESSSSSSSS!


Weather wasn't as bad as forecast today. Mum wanted to get some flowers for Zoe's birthday so while we were at the garden centre I decided to check out the alpine plants.



I forgot we had some of these growing in our front wall until I got back. Zoe told me she had pointed this out but I must have been off in a world of my own.



3 for 9 quid - there are zillions to pick from...



Finally narrowed the selection down - got 3 'biggies' too. Hope they're all going to fit in the wall when it's ready.



Here's all the stone we've got left to do this bit of coping. I wish I was watching Nick when he did the other bit, i'm not really sure where to start.



Oh, there's a view of the corner stone from next door's garden. Good shape, reminds me of a certain lego brick.



Half way done - that was quite fun. Panicking about the lack of stone left though.



BOOOOOOOOOOMMMM! TRUMPET FANFARE!!! FIREWORKS!!!



...and that's all that was left, maybe a few bits left over will come in handy for the other bit of wall to the right of the steps. That reminds me, i've got the steps to finish too. Not going to worry about it now though - I DID IT!!!



Here's the other bit that needs finishing. This is now mentally known as 'the BBQ platform'. That pink slab leftover from the inglenook fits perfectly.



This lovely pile of bricks has been sat outside the back door since we pulled out the fireplace, just waiting to be turned into...



...one of these!



No comments: