Friday, June 4, 2010

Cheshire Demolition



I've got the ever cheerful quarry owner to agree to open up especially for us tomorrow morning to grab half a ton of nice flat walling rubble. Also on the shopping list is a slab to make the 3rd step up to the garden plus 4 big square bottomed stones to use as the bookends of the coping. I'm hoping to pick up a slab of some sort (and maybe the end stones) from the always-exciting CHESHIRE DEMOLITION.



This place has got stones for miles as well as tons of other weird and wonderful reclaimed building stuff.



This seems to be some sort of Victorian hot-tub - a candidate for the central feature of MegaGarden if I decide to create a turn of the century swingers vibe.



Hmmm, here's some likely candiadates, there's too many to choose from.



This one's the ideal size but I think it would feel a little creepy every time you step on it.



I nearly went for this one but i'm going to be worrying about tripping up on that hinge all the time.



Another nice one, but 'tripping hazard' pops into my mind again. So I just went for a nice semi-knobbly piece with no major lumps and bumps.



They have a lot of stone suitable for the coping end-pieces, but at a fiver each I think i'm going to take my chances at the quarry tomorrow.



I've got a plan to get one of these old beams to turn into a bench, probably along the back wall. That's going to have to wait though.


1 comment:

Jim Medway said...

Argh, the train is in pieces. someone fix it then bring it to me.