Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rubble Reduction


I figured out that I had overestimated the amount of rubble we were going to need to level the ground. This 2-ton pile of concrete, brick and dirty dust that's been sat there since we wrecked the inglenook in spring was going to have to go to the tip.



Sorting out the big bits to bag up, we'll leave the finest dust behind but I think we need to shift about 3/4 of it.



This was parked up next to the rubble skip, I took the photo for Jim.



8 round trips and I reckon nearly 100 back-breaking bags later, it's time to spread out the remaining gravel. My back is breaking but I can see the finish line now.



Yes! There's ground level. Unfortunately now I can see the back wall it has reminded me that it is about to collapse and is going to need to be rebuilt. Not this year though.



Finally got all our remaining stone lined up neatly, sorted into shape ready to use - the remaining work is going to be a joy.



Looking at that is really relaxing me. Ahhh


1 comment:

WoodenMan said...

That is lookin reet grand that is! Mad Skills!!!!!!!!