Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Holder of the Boulder


Nick came up again today, I was a bit intimidated by starting all over again with the corner wall and I needed some motivation. We're getting down to the last stones now, so there's not as much choice as when we first started but they need using up even if they are very wonky.



At one point when we were shovelling soil and rubble down to backfill the gap between the wall and concrete, I pulled out a grimy piece of plastic which immediately flashed me back in time to the happy days of 1980. Even my mum recognised what it was straight away.



I knew Nick would get things whipping along - I wish the days weren't so short because we could have got this finished in a few more hours. Hopefully if the rain's not too bad tomorrow I will get stuck in with Zo.


3 comments:

Jim Medway said...

So what is the plastic? what did I miss as a kid?!

pablo said...

Im guessing its a wing from a star wars ship.

Ash RA said...

Close, Pablo, you are very warm!