Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MEGAYARD: Day Seven


Kodie's body clock is round the twist at the moment with the late evenings, by the time he'd woken up at 9.00, we'd had a massive lie-in and Paul & Tom had put up the block wall at the back - going to be hidden by the worktop / storage space.



Got to admit I was a bit bummed-out when I asked Paul about the positioning of the wall against the steps, I had asked the original retaining wall to be removed and the replacement built in under the steps so I get a bit more room. Unfortunately I don't think he grasped it and it turns out the steps are now going to be 4 foot wide with and extra wall added. He said he would try to move it as close to the steps as he could but i'm still going to be losing about a foot of width on it.  :(



The left hand wall seems to have crept out quite a bit too, originally it was going to line up with the other side of the toilet door, then it was decided to move out 6 inches so the beech hedge above wasn't disturbed but it's now come out over a foot. Just keep telling myself it's only 11 foot down to 9 foot and it'll be fine in the end, but to be honest i've been feeling a bit sad about it.



The pointing is also a bit more 'rustic' than I was expecting. Hmmm...



No comments: